Wednesday 29 August 2012

Mutton Curry

I hardly cook mutton for lunch or dinner because it is said that mutton increases the chances of getting high blood pressure, once in a while won't do any harm I guess. I have prepared Mutton Curry for lunch and it finger licking good, let's check how I made this.



Ingredients:

1kg mutton (boneless)
2 tbsp oil
2 onion sliced
2 tomatoes chopped
2 potatoes (cut into wedges)
1 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
3 pcs candle nuts
2 cinnamon stick
3 cardamom
3 cloves
2 star anise
2 bay leaves
2 sprigs curry leaves
2 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 cup of water
Coriander leaves
Salt to taste

Wash and clean mutton keep aside, blend candle nuts with 1 tomato.

In pressure cooker, pour oil add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, star anise, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and bay leaves saute for a minute. Now add in onion, tomato and candle nut paste which we have blended earlier and add salt, fry for a couple of minutes.

After that, add in ginger garlic paste, chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and stir in well for 5 to 6 minutes. Then add mutton pieces and a cup of water, add in curry leaves and ground black pepper and close lid, until the mutton is perfectly cooked. I have added potatoes to make the curry thicker, you can potato when mutton is 3/4 cooked.

Our Mutton Curry is now ready to be served, garnish with coriander leaves. Do try and let me know how it turned out.










8 comments:

  1. Selamat Menyambut Hari Oonam sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love mutton curry.. looks delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, you shouldn't be tempting me with this close-up pic sis, hehe! I go weak knees over mutton cooked this way...yeah once awhile no prob. I cook it only once a month :)

    Your curry will make me go for second helping, or maybe 3! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq sis 2nd or 3rd helping must have bp tablet ready....hehehe...tq so much for dropping by sis...

      Delete
  4. Exotic dish for mutton lovers..tempting click..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u Saras...I'm not a mutton lover bt I loved this dish...

      Delete

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman